Warren Youth Soccer Association (WYSA)
Parental Code of Conduct
WYSA fully endorses and supports good sportsmanship and fair play. Furthermore, the club is very interested in providing a healthy, learning, and supportive environment for its players, coaches, referees, parents and fans. Youth sports nationwide have experienced increasing incidents of negative behavior from parents during youth sporting events and activities. Due to the increase of abusive and intimidating behavior WYSA has adopting the following guidelines for parents/guardians which must be adhered to at all soccer activities.
It is the responsibility of ALL coaches/players/parents to maintain the highest standards of conduct for themselves, their players and supporters at all soccer related activities. Abusive, confrontational, and obscene language, and other behavior detrimental to individuals, the game and the sport will not be tolerated. A parent’s responsibility includes the times prior to, during, and after any soccer related activity at the field and surrounding areas.
All persons responsible for a team and all of the spectators shall support the coaches/players/referees at all times. Failure to do so will undermine the coaches’/referee’s authority and has the very real potential of creating a hostile environment for the players, the referee and all of the other participants and spectators. Escalation to violence can easily result.
Therefore all parents/guardians shall keep in mind the following Codes of Conduct:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and officials at every game, practice or other youth soccer events.
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of any child first at all times.
- I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will remember that the game is for children and not for adults.
- I will do my very best to make youth soccer fun for my child.
- I will not coach my child or any other player during a game from the sideline.
- I will refrain from vocalizing my dissatisfaction, if I do not agree with a coaching decision or a referee’s decision, in an effort to promote and reinforce the positive and enjoyable soccer experience envisioned by WYSA.
- I will treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect, good manners and common decency.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect, good manners and common decency.
- If a coach, official or WYSA representative calls to my attention that my child is not treating coaches, fans and officials with respect, I will counsel my child on his/her need to do so and explain that failure to correct such an attitude may result in disciplinary action by WYSA, which may include expulsion.
- I will never go on the field of play during a game unless directed by a coach/official
- I will help with my child’s team by assisting the coaches and manager as needed, and providing ground transportation when available to do so.
- If I fail to abide by the above Code of Conduct, I recognize that I may be barred from attending youth soccer events.
I have read and understand the WYSA Parental Code of Conduct and agree to the terms stated above.
Parent/Guardian(1)____________________ _________ Date_________________
Parent/Guardian(2)____________________ _________ Date_________________